MUMBAI, (GNI): V K Sharma, Chairman of LIC , Hemant Bhargava, MD (R) and Usha Sangwan, MD (L) addressing the media to announce the Insurance claims of the Victims of recent floods in the States of Assam and Gujarat, in Mumbai on Friday – photo by Sumant Gajinkar
MUMBAI, (GNI): The recent floods in the states of Gujarat and Assam have caused injury and loss of lives. LIFE INSURANCE CORPORATION OF INDIA (LIC) has always been in the forefront at the time of utmost need of people affected by the natural calamities. As a socially responsible corporate citizens, we extend our hand for help in every possible manner, announced by V K Sharma, Chairman, during a press conference, in Mumbai.
Addressing to the media persons Mr Sharma said, that the following steps have been taken by LIC to ease the difficulties of people in recent flood affected areas both for individuals and group Policyholders.
1. Our Zone,Division and Branch authorities are in full alert and in touch with State and District authorities for settlement of of claims reported due to floods.
2. The death certificate is not insisted and LIC will accept the certificate from authorized Government Officials or the proof that the claimant has received Ex-Gratia from the Government as alternate proof of death.In deserving cases a certificate issued by the concerned agent subject to certain conditions or a confirm Development Officer can also certify the death of Life Assured.
3. Late fees on premium due has been condoned for a period of 6 months i.e. grace period has been extended to 6 months.
4. People who lost their policies,duplicate policies will be issued free of cost.
5. Claim investigation is waived off irrespective of the duration of the policy.
6. The formalities are simplified for accident benefit.
7. Our people are coordinating with local administration in the relief work.Our employees have voluntarily contributed and collected food packets, water etc. to be distributed in flood affected areas.
8. Instructions have been issued to set up Special Help Desk at Divisional and Branch Offices to respond to death claim enquiries and assist in expeditious settlement of claim.
9. Special Task Force have been created to ensure that concessions and benefits are reaching the needy Policy Holders.
10. In respect of Social Security Schemes including Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana and Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, the Indian bank Association and the partner banks of PMJJBY are being informed about the special procedures and relaxations in claim requirements so as to expedite the settlement of claims.
The following is the list of Nodal Officers who can be contacted by people in case of any support required-
Mr. T. Gathiri 9435248973 Guwahati-Assam firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Yunus Halepotra 9825624233 Rajkot
Mrs. Vandana Bhatia 9426321867 Gandhinagar
Mr. Ashok Suthar 9825765383 Bhavnagar