|Dr. Krishan Kumar Bansal-NH|
JAIPUR, (GNI): World brain tumour day is observed tomorrow 8th of June every year since 2000 to raises public awareness and educates people about brain tumor. It is also the most common type of cancer among children.
Dr. K K Bansal, Neurosurgeon at Narayana Health Multispeciality Hospital Jaipur holds the Guinness World Record for removing the maximum number of brain tumors from a single patient at a single sitting.
Dr. KK Bansal’s achievements so far:
- Total number of Neurosurgeries performed (including brain and spinal tumours): 8000
- Spine surgeries performed – 4000
- Brain surgeries performed – 4000. More than 2000 of these were brain tumour surgeries & paediatric/child brain tumour surgeries are around 1000 till date
- Have written 5 chapters in International Nuero surgical text books
- Helps organize an Annual Event on Nuerosurgery – Nuerofest in Jaipur every year. The event showcases latest 3D technology to identify and localize brain tumours for better approach. It is
the only 3D conference in India and is attended by renowned neurosurgeons from across the globe.ends