MUMBAI, (GNI); Ashwani Kumar, CMD of Dena Bank during announcement of the Bank financial results in Mumbai on Tuesday evening – Photo by Sumant Gajinkar
MUMBAI, (GNI): Ashwani Kumar, Chairman and Managing Director, Dena Bank, announced the financial results of the Bank for the Quarter/Year ended 31st March 2017 after adoption by the Board of Directors today.
Highlights for the Year ended 31.03.2017: Bank’s Operating Profit has increased by 50.24% to ` 1,390.21 cr for Mar- 17 [FY] as compared to ` 925.30 cr for Mar- 16 [FY].
- CRAR has increased to 11.39% [with Tier1 at 9.05%] as of Mar- 17 from 11.00 % [Tier1 at 8.59%] as of Mar- 16.
- Cost of Deposit has decreased by 77 bps which has stood at 6.43% for Mar- 17 [FY] as compared to 7.20% for Mar- 16 [FY].
- Interest Expenses has decreased by 4.84% to 7,773 cr for Mar- 17 [FY] as compared to ` 8,169 cr for Mar- 16 [FY].
- Other Operating Expenses (Other than staff expenses) has decreased by 4.22% to ` 785 cr for Mar- 17 [FY] as compared to ` 820 cr for Mar- 16 [FY].
- Total Expenses has decreased by 3.78% to ` 10,043 cr for Mar- 17 [FY] as compared to ` 10,437 cr for Mar- 16 [FY].
- CASA % age has improved by 866 bps from Mar 2017 [FY] and stood at 37.93% as of Mar-17.
- Total reduction in NPA stood at ` 2,709 crore during the FY 2016-17 as compared to Rs.1,931 crore as of previous corresponding FY 2015-16 .
- Recovery in w/o A/cs stood at ` 115 crore during the FY 2016-17 as compared to Rs.66 crore as of previous corresponding FY 2015-16 .
- Interest income on investments has increased by 11.43% from ` 2,608 cr for Mar 2016 [FY] to ` 2,906 cr for Mar 2017 [FY].
- Profit on Sale of Securities has increased by 492.86% to ` 6,32 cr as against ` 107 cr during FY 2015-16
- Total Retail advance has registered Y-o-Y growth of 10.35% and stood at the level of ` 13,301 crores as of 31.03.2017 as against ` 12,053 crores as of Mar, 2016.ends