MUMBAI, (GNI): The Governor of Maharashtra CH Vidyasagar Rao today announced the launch of Maharashtra Real Estate Regulatory Authority – ‘Maha – RERA’ under which housing projects in the State will be registered. The Governor asserted that the new act will make the process of buying and selling of houses ‘transparent, trusted and accountable’.
The Governor made this announcement while delivering his Maharashtra Day message to the people in Mumbai on Monday (1 May).
State Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Guardian Minister Subhash Desai, Union Minister of State for Social Justice Ramdas Athawale, diplomats from various countries, senior officers of the Armed Forces, serving and retired government officers and citizens were present.
Earlier, the Governor unfurled the National Flag on the occasion of the 57th anniversary of the formation of the State of Maharashtra at Shivaji Park, Mumbai on Monday (1 May). The Governor inspected the ceremonial parade and accepted salute presented by the marching contingents.
Addressing the gathering on the occasion, the Governor said that under the Jalayukta Shivar Abhiyan launched by the State to tackle water scarcity, more than 2.5 lakh works had been completed and that 12 lakh thousand cubic meters of water storage potential has been created. Mr Vidyasagar Rao said that 11000 villages in Maharashtra had become drought – free by conserving water in village watershed. He further said that crop loan amounting to Rs.33115 crore had been disbursed to more than 48 lakh farmers. He added that crop loans of 6.85 lakh farmers have been restructured.
Highlights of the Governor’s Maharashtra Day Message
· World Bank assisted Nanaji Deshmukh Krishi Sanjeevani Project being rolled out to make 4000 villages of Vidarbha and Marathwada drought-free
· 225 cities and towns in Maharashtra declared ‘Open Defecation Free’; Entire Urban Maharashtra to become ‘Open Defecation Free’ by 2nd October 2017.
· To eliminate malnutrition among tribals, the APJ Abdul Kalam Amrit Ahar Yojana to be modified
· Jan Aushadi Stores to be set up in 10 ESIS Hospitals in Maharashtra
· 34 MoUs signed with major industry groups to skill 7 lakh youth
· Government to plant 50 crore trees over the next 3 years to increase green cover in State
· ‘Maharashtra Aadhaar Act, 2016’ enacted to make Aadhar sole identifier of beneficiary for any subsidy or benefit or service
· For improving connectivity with major places, 10 Airports are being developed in the State
· Nagpur – Mumbai Samruddhi Corridor – a Super Communication Expressway to come up at a cost of Rs.46000 crore.
· To start passenger Ferry services between New Ferry Wharf in Mumbai to Mandwa Port in Raigad and to Nerul in Navi Mumbai
· All new legislation and amendments to be made available in Marathi language. To increase use of Marathi language in judiciary.
· Maharashtra becomes first State in the country to enact bill for prevention of attacks on media persons.
· Year 2017 to be celebrated as ‘Visit Maharashtra’ year.
The Governor also attended the Maharashtra Day Celebrations organized by the Mayor of Mumbai Vishwanath Mahadeshwar at the Mayor’s bungalow. The Governor accompanied by Guardian Minister Subhash Desai, Deputy Mayor Hemangi Waralikar and others listened to the patriotic songs presented by the Sangit Kala Academy of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai on the occasion.ENDS